Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What happened to my 5-star default album?

Hi Guys,

I suddenly noticed that my 5-star default album which faithfully appeared in Inspector disappeared. Not sure when or how. Is it part of the many recent updates, or did I do something?

Thanks,

Raphael

iMac 21.5"-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.7.2), Pages for iPhone/iPad

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 7:12 AM

4 replies

Jul 23, 2012 7:38 AM in response to léonie

Thank you Leonie.

I am not sure what that new section is meant for. Is it for ALL albums regardless of whether an album draws from a single project or many? Is there an advantage to that, rather than locating albums within projects?

And what would the first step in locating an album in the new Album section?

Thanks,

Raphael

Jul 23, 2012 8:04 AM in response to rshammaa

User uploaded file

Raphael,

You can still have albums and smart albums together with your projects; new library albums will appear in the "Albums" section, unless you create them after seecting a project. But you can drag all albums to the "Albums" section later.

The advantage of the "Albums" section? If you have many albums and projects, these albums are easier to find and to select, when you are syncing your mobile devices - I put all albums there, that I want to use as a screensaver and to sync to my iPad. In Aperture you can hide this section completely by clicking the "Hide" button.

Regards

Léonie

Added:

And what would the first step in locating an album in the new Album section?

You can simply drag any album there; also it will be created there, unless you select a projet while you create an album.

If you do not see the section, hover your mouse below the projects section to reveal the hide/show button.

What happened to my 5-star default album?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.