Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

SPANISH KEYBOARD

Hello! could anybody tell me how I can type the @symbol in a spanish keyboard in my mac book pro? please

MacBook Pro

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 11:37 AM

8 replies

Feb 19, 2016 6:21 AM in response to natimanzana

The answer is as follows.

1. Ensure you have installed the Spanish language on your Mac. To do this go to System preferences - keyboard - input sources - then use the + button (bottom left) select Spainish from the list of keyboard (make sure it is for the region you want). Close down preferences.

2. Use the left alt key+g and hey presto the @ is there.

3. Alternatively go to the keyboard viewer in the top right hand corner of your screen, select the Spanish language,right click on the Spanish flag and then select show keyboard viewer. Once you do the, every time you press the left alt key the viewer will show you the at sign (where g is).

Hope this helps

Feb 19, 2016 7:38 AM in response to lancero17

lancero17 wrote:

The answer is as follows.

1. Ensure you have installed the Spanish language on your Mac....

No, you should install "Spanish ISO" in the Input Sources, not "Spanish." Otherwise your keys will not match what you type. Apple keyboards have the Spanish ISO layout, which has the @ sign at Option/alt-2, not at Option/alt-g. Option/alt-g has the Apple symbol.

User uploaded file

Feb 19, 2016 8:54 AM in response to lancero17

lancero17 wrote:

when I look for languages the only option that comes up in the keyboard preferences is Spanish

If you do not see both Spanish and Spanish ISO as show below, something is wrong with your install of OS X and it should be redone.

On your Apple Spanish keyboard, do you not see a @ printed on right edge of the 2 key? Or perhaps you are not using a Spanish keyboard, so matching the keys to the layout does not matter?

User uploaded file

SPANISH KEYBOARD

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.