Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Camera Connection question

If my camera is set to RAW+JPEG and that is imported to my iPad, is it possible to later just delete either the RAW or JPEG file from the iPad? (I know it can be done after the pictures are synced with my computer.)

Thanks

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 2:51 PM

4 replies

Jul 23, 2012 3:04 PM in response to swandy

All you do is import your JPEG+RAW images using the camera connection kit, then open the "imported" Album in iphoto on the ipad. You can then choose to copy them to the camera roll. Now go back into the photos app and delete all the photos from your "imported" Album. It will say that it is going to delete them everywhere but really it doesnt because it leaves the JPEG in the camera roll. The result is that you will only have your JPEGs that you imported in your camera roll and the RAW images get deleted.

Jul 23, 2012 3:56 PM in response to HereIsTom

HerelsTom,

That worked - the only "problem" is it seems that your method (using iPhoto) copies the EMBEDDED JPEG from the RAW file - not the actual JPEG. I am not sure, but basing this on the fact the the JPEGs copies to the Camera Roll are about 1/3 to 1/4 the size of the actual JPEG files that the camera produces.

Camera Connection question

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.