Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mini Mac Schedule / continuous slideshow

Hello! I am working on a new system to display signage/slideshows at my place of business. I have looked at digital signage set ups and I am kind of dissapointed in the lack of Macs being utilized out there. What I would like to do is display on a large monitor a slide show of 20-30 slides at my business. I would like it to play during business hours then off at night. I have the brief idea of using a mac mini to run the screen and possibly using iphoto for the slideshow or another application possibly. Obviously I will want to run the slideshow continuously for the day and then shut down. Idealy I would like to find a way to run this automatically so it wouldn't have to be booted up every day by the staff or myself. Can anyone point me in the right direction?

Thanks so much!

Mac mini

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 3:24 PM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2012 3:03 PM in response to lynxer

A solution would be in two parts, the first part would be a script to run an application and start a slideshow. As suggested by BDAqua you could use GraphicConverter to do a slideshow of picture files e.g. JPEGs, or you could use Preview, or for a more sophisticated slideshow you could use PowerPoint or Keynote.

The second part would be to set the Mac to turn off and on automatically at specific times. This is done in Energy Saver settings in System Preferences. There is a Schedule button in the bottom right corner.

Mini Mac Schedule / continuous slideshow

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.