Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iCloud.com not showing sent messages

Are other people also having issues with icloud.com not showing sent messages in the "sent" folder?

For example if I send an email from icloud.com (Either PC or Mac) I go into the "sent" folder just to make sure its sent but there is nothing there as If I never sent the message, so I call the receipient and they say that they got it. (Weird)

So just to make sure I go to my iphone and send a test email to myself and I go right into the "sent" folder and there it is, I then go into my iPad and it also shows up there in the "sent" messages I go into the "MAIL" app on my MacBook and its also there but when I log on to icloud.com it is NOT there.

So then I send another email to myself from my iPad and both my iPhone/iPad and the MAIL app on my Mac show the message in the "sent' messages but when I go into icloud.com it is NOT there.

So basically my iPhone, iPad and the Mail app on my Mac are all syncing but when Im at work and check my @me email address on IE it seems that I never send emails because there is nothing there even though I use it alot.

So basically my sent messages show up on all my APPLE products but NOT on the icloud.com website.

Does anyone know how to get the messages to show up on the "sent" folder on icloud.com???

iPhone 4S, iOS 5.1

Posted on Jul 23, 2012 5:32 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 27, 2012 1:30 PM

Hi,

Log into icloud.com and go in Mail. On the upper right corner, you should see a wheel to get into your Mail preferences.

Under the general tab, make sure that the Mailboxes option saying "Save sent message in" is checked and that the selected folder is actually your "Sent" mailbox.

4 replies

Apr 27, 2015 9:19 PM in response to usbp456

One extremely underhanded thing Apple is doing, which may be affecting people coming to this page, is holding your ability to communicate by email hostage if you hit your data quota on storage. Their 'free imail email' isn't free at all, it's considered part of your iCloud package, so if your backups hit cap it stops saving your sent emails and people emailing you will get a bounce reply saying your inbox is over quota rendering you uncontactable. This has caused many, many people huge financial losses and damages, but they weasel out of it with fine print.

It's the reason I shut down my iCloud account and took my email elsewhere. It absolutely destroyed my faith in Apple products. Holding your data ransom, and using your email as a way to force you to upgrade to make the problem go away is immoral and unethical. So if for some reason your sent messages stop updating, and the above doesn't fix it (for me it wasn't an option, there's no 'wheel' to access options anymore) then you've probably hit cap and aren't even getting email anymore. Be warned! Because Apple won't warn you! And their banner warning you on icloud.com conveniently leaves out "We're also holding your email hostage, and no you won't get the email you missed when it's down even though every other company in the world offers free email as free email!"

iCloud.com not showing sent messages

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.