Skip navigation

One or more targets incomplete

706 Views 7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 1:38 PM by toddkarr RSS
Michael Vallance Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)
Currently Being Moderated
Jul 23, 2012 6:55 PM

I am trying to use Compressor in a simple way -

I use Final Cut Pro X ro Share - Send to Compressor

then in Compressor I drag up a Setting and a Destination to the top left pane.

Then Submit

BUT I get a One or more targets incomplete message.

What is wrong with this workflow please?

michael

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • Russ H Level 6 Level 6 (12,845 points)
    Jul 24, 2012 5:11 AM (in response to Michael Vallance)

Can you take a screen shot of a batch window that shows your source, settings, destination?

Russ

Jul 24, 2012 12:51 PM (in response to Michael Vallance)

The third job in the stack doesn't have a setting, which is the warning you;re getting.

What are you trying to do?

Russ

Jul 24, 2012 6:29 PM (in response to Michael Vallance)

Michael,

To compress a big movie file to a small movie file, while maintaining as much quality as possible, is everyone's objective,

That can be done by choosing a good delivery codec (like h.264), by adjusting the bit rate, or perhaps doing ather things that affect the bitrate – like frame rate, size etc.

You have a  file in FCP that you send to Compressor. Select a preset – say, AppleDevices SD. There is no need to creat a separate job to encode the audio. There is no need to create a separate job for the movie destination.

As far as qaulity is concerned, I'd suggest not resizing and see whteher the output file is small enough for your festival. If it's too big, go into video settings and lower the bit rate until it meets their specs.

Good luck.

Russ

• toddkarr Calculating status...
    Aug 7, 2013 1:38 PM (in response to Michael Vallance)

My error was dragging the Destination and dropping it under or over the Settings. It actually needs to be dropped onto the actual Settings bar between the two sets of vertical lines.

Actions

More Like This

• Retrieving data ...

Bookmarked By (0)

Legend

• This solved my question - 10 points
  • This helped me - 5 points
This site contains user submitted content, comments and opinions and is for informational purposes only. Apple disclaims any and all liability for the acts, omissions and conduct of any third parties in connection with or related to your use of the site. All postings and use of the content on this site are subject to the Apple Support Communities Terms of Use.