7 Replies Latest reply: Aug 7, 2013 1:38 PM by toddkarr
Michael Vallance Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

I am trying to use Compressor in a simple way -

I use Final Cut Pro X ro Share - Send to Compressor

then in Compressor I drag up a Setting and a Destination to the top left pane.

Then Submit

BUT I get a One or more targets incomplete message.

What is wrong with this workflow please?

michael

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)
  • Russ H Level 6 Level 6 (18,440 points)

Can you take a screen shot of a batch window that shows your source, settings, destination?

Russ

• Michael Vallance Level 1 Level 1 (65 points)

thank you

comp1.jpg

The third job in the stack doesn't have a setting, which is the warning you;re getting.

What are you trying to do?

Russ

I wish to make my video smaller in MB size but keep the best quality possible.

Exports from .mov to mp4 or smaller size such as 320 x 280 makes the video rather blurry.

I am trying to submit a demo movie of my research to a conference portal but they have a MB restriction.

So I edited in FCP then shared to Compresssor in the hope of 'compressing' it.

The third job is supposed to be Destination so I selected my Movies folder.

Any advice appreciated.

Michael,

To compress a big movie file to a small movie file, while maintaining as much quality as possible, is everyone's objective,

That can be done by choosing a good delivery codec (like h.264), by adjusting the bit rate, or perhaps doing ather things that affect the bitrate – like frame rate, size etc.

You have a  file in FCP that you send to Compressor. Select a preset – say, AppleDevices SD. There is no need to creat a separate job to encode the audio. There is no need to create a separate job for the movie destination.

As far as qaulity is concerned, I'd suggest not resizing and see whteher the output file is small enough for your festival. If it's too big, go into video settings and lower the bit rate until it meets their specs.

Good luck.

Russ

There is no need to creat a separate job to encode the audio. There is no need to create a separate job for the movie destination.

=

That did it

Thank you very much for your valuable time and advice.

Michael

• toddkarr Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

My error was dragging the Destination and dropping it under or over the Settings. It actually needs to be dropped onto the actual Settings bar between the two sets of vertical lines.