Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to copy photos from iPhone to Mac book air

I had no idea it could be so painful, with all the hype about apple UI and its wonderful intuitive features.

Once I connect my iPhone, iTune rocks up and I can;t see a photos or pictures folder under iphone in iTunes.

If I go to image capture in apps, it doesn't show iPhone either.

Of course I can transfer the few hudred photoes via email but that'd take forver.

What's going on - is the famous apple ease of use going down the drain ?

This is the second apple macbook i have owned (first was a macbook pro), and all this used to work fine with the old macbook pro running leopard.

How can the photoes be transferred other than email ?

Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 12:14 AM

9 replies

Aug 9, 2017 12:29 AM in response to rama.duggal

The traditional way to transfer pictures from iPhone 7 to Mac is using iPhoto which you know about https://www.apple.com/mac/iphoto/ .Plug your iPhone or iPad into the Mac if it's not already, and you'll see the appropriate icon appear in iPhoto's left-hand menu bar under DEVICES. Click the iPhone and you'll see information about all the snaps on there, together with the option to import selected photos, or to import all of them (250 in our case) at once. Select the option you prefer. Therefore, your iPhone 7 pictures can be transferred to Mac. On the other hand, you can apply iTunes to backup or sync your iPhone 7 pictures to save them.

Oct 27, 2014 11:34 PM in response to rama.duggal

You can transfer photos from iPhone to Mac book air via iPhoto:

Connect the device to your computer. iPhoto should automatically open its import window and show your device's images and videos.

If iPhoto doesn't open, you might need to turn the option on.

Click Import All. Or if you want to import specific items, select those images and videos, then click Import Selected. After your photos import, a dialog will ask you if you want to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll.

If you delete photos after you import them, you can reduce the size of your Camera Roll and improve backup and restore times. If you want to import the photos to additional computers, keep your photos.

Jul 15, 2015 1:40 AM in response to rama.duggal

Concerning your problem, I suggest you use iPhoto to deal with this issue. Connect your iPhone to the computer. iPhoto should automatically open its import window and show your device's images and videos.And then click Import All. Or if you want to import specific items, select those images, then click Import Selected so that you can copy photos from iPhone to MacBook Air. After your photos import, a dialog will ask you if you want to delete the original photos from your Camera Roll. Choose Keep Photos and it is done!

Oct 25, 2015 2:37 AM in response to rama.duggal

You can try following ways:

1.Use cloud drive like Dropbox, One Drive. Upload your photos from iPhone to cloud and download on your Mac.

2.Use iTunes to copy photos from iPhone to Mac. Open iTunes > Connect your iPhone > Select your phone's icon in the Devices list on the left. Click the Photos tab. If you want to sync all your photos, enable the option for "All photos, albums, events, and faces."

Import photos and videos from your iPhone, iPad, or iPod touch to your computer - Apple Support

How to copy photos from iPhone to Mac book air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.