Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

1 second audio delay when recording audio in logic

All,

I am having an issue while recording audio. Here is the sequence of the problem:

- Open my project, ARM the track for audio and set it for my guitar input audio interface.

- Guitar sound sounds fine for a few minutes, I can even record a few takes (with or without pluggins) but then all the sudden

- the sound is delayed about a second. So, I play a note, but I would hear it about a approximately a second or so.

I can get rid of the delay by either closing the project and re-opened or sometimes after a little while it just start working normally again,

I have tried all the i/o buffers and sampling but the problem persist and is very frustrating since I recently just moved from Sonar to logic because I thought this would be a more stable system..So, you can imaging how upsetting this is.

Here are some specs of my set up:

(*) Brand new Macbook pro 2012 2.6 GHz Intel i7/8GB Ram DDR3/720Gb drive 7200rpm

(*) Mac OS X Version 10.7.4

(*) LOGIC STUDIO: Logic Pro 9 , version 9.1.7 (64 bit)

Thans in advance,

Hans,

Logic Studio, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 12:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 12:08 PM

Hans,

Can you test out a different audio interface? Even try the built-in microphone. If you do not see the same issue there, it seems like a problem/configuration on the interface you are using. Alternatively, test your current interface with another machine and Logic. It sounds like you have seen this issue without plugins too, or I would recommend to make sure they are all disabled as plugins like 'Adaptive Limiter' can cause latency in recording.

Also, maybe try opening Activity Monitor and make sure that there are no CPU spikes coming from any program...

Kyle

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 24, 2012 12:08 PM in response to Hans Maximus

Hans,

Can you test out a different audio interface? Even try the built-in microphone. If you do not see the same issue there, it seems like a problem/configuration on the interface you are using. Alternatively, test your current interface with another machine and Logic. It sounds like you have seen this issue without plugins too, or I would recommend to make sure they are all disabled as plugins like 'Adaptive Limiter' can cause latency in recording.

Also, maybe try opening Activity Monitor and make sure that there are no CPU spikes coming from any program...

Kyle

Aug 3, 2012 1:19 PM in response to mrdister

Kyle,

thanks for your reply.

After struggling for a couple of weeks, I decided to re-installed my audio interface software and drivers completely. I did that plus an update in the audio interface software that I didnt have. That seema to fix the problem. This is saying that wasnt a Logic nor Mac nor latancy issue but some type of driver conflict. So far so good, it has been over a week and no issues to report.

Regards.

1 second audio delay when recording audio in logic

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.