Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to enable Album List view for iPod in iTunes?

Hi there.

I'm having a problem: my library can be displayed in a variety of ways, and I find Album List to be the most useful.

However, I can't do the same inside my iPod.

See the screenshots to understand what I mean.

Can this be fixed/enabled/done with a workaround?

I'd really would like to see which of my songs are missing the artwork so that I can correct them.

Thanks.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

iPod touch, iOS 4.3.1

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 10:26 AM

3 replies

Jul 24, 2012 10:34 AM in response to apolaidi

There is no secret setting or workaround available, what you see is what you get.

If you sync your media with your library you can fix such problems when you want and then simply connect the device to update it. Manual management confers few benefits.

You could drop a line to iTunes Feedback to suggest they enable the other views for devices...

tt2

Jul 24, 2012 10:59 AM in response to turingtest2

I'm not a friend of letting iTunes handle all the files and the sync. I'm constantly switching computers and libraries. Auto-sync certainly does not look like the way to go. I like being in control of my files and devices, but iTunes makes it a little bit complicated.

I don't know, maybe I'm using iTunes in the wrong way, but the thing is I only use it to get the files in my iPod. I would skip the whole process if I could...

Jul 24, 2012 11:10 AM in response to apolaidi

Fair enough. I keep one library that I routinely move between home & work and could use on any other computer should I need to. The library is fully backed up and all my content is in it so if something goes wrong with any of my devices I can simply restore and have all the media, apps and settings back as they were in relatively short order.

If you're going to do it manually make sure everything is neat and tidy in iTunes before adding to the device. For tips on that front see Grouping tracks into albums.

tt2

How to enable Album List view for iPod in iTunes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.