Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Water spilt on Macbook

Last night some water spilt on my macbook. The laptop is about 5 to 6 years old, always workd like a charm. When water spilt, it immidietly turned itself off. I flipped it over, on a towel, popped out the battery, and dried what I could manuelly before taking a blow dreyer to it to get what I couldn't. Then I left it upside down on a towel for a good 5 hours. Without the battery in place. When I went to see if it would work, nothing happened.

What can I do? Is there anyway to fix / save it? And if the damage is done, is there anyway to save my work????

Really need help with this one you guys.

MacBook

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 11:18 AM

2 replies

Jul 24, 2012 10:45 PM in response to TekaKiwi

The logic board may be fried, connect the hard drive to another computer to see if it still works,if it does then you can save all your work. You should take the laptop to an Apple Store to see if they can fix it but if the logic board failed than you better save up some money for a new one than repair this vintage machine,it's not worth it.

Jul 24, 2012 10:56 PM in response to TekaKiwi

TekaKiwi wrote:

taking a blow dreyer to it to get what I couldn't.

Huge mistake using a blowdrier. Don't attempt to turn it on until you take it to a repair facility to have it looked at. If it is the logic board that is bad, it will cost more to replace it than the computer is worth. You can take the hard drive out and put it in an external hard drive caddy and see if you can retrieve the data by plugging it into another mac.

Water spilt on Macbook

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.