Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

All graphics in Pages document are now boxes with "?" question marks. Help!! Urgent!!

Created a 150 page document on one computer with Pages 09 and saved to the desktop. Put onto a flash drive and transferred to another computer. Opened it with Pages 09, made modifications, and saved back onto the flash drive. Transferred document to original computer, overwrote original file, and now all the graphics in the document have been replaced with boxes with a question mark inside it. Went back to the document on the flash drive, it is the same way. Opened the document on the "other" computer and it is the same way. Have searched Support and the User Guide to find an answer and cannot. This is a dissertation that has to mailed out like now. How do we fix?

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 1:35 PM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2012 8:22 AM in response to fruhulda

Thank you for your response, it is highly appreciated. 🙂 The person that had this happen has already repaired the document as you suggested and does understand they really messed up by over-writing the original. We are looking for a solution as to how to fix the issue in case it arises again. Plus, for others that may have experienced the same problem. If you have any other suggestions or fixes we would be greatly appreciative to hear them. Thanks!

Jul 25, 2012 8:43 AM in response to Cheryl Eagle

I am just an end user like you so I don't know why. I have not heard about this problem before or I might have when people have tried just save on a server instead of their own computer. The person that just opened the document from the USB stick and saved back on should have first transferred the document to his/hers computer, then worked on it and saved it and THEN copy it over to the stick.

Use CDs instead for transferring files or emails. That is much safer.

Another thing some people has to learn it the hard way!

All graphics in Pages document are now boxes with "?" question marks. Help!! Urgent!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.