Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

What time is mountain lion coming out and should i do a fresh install?

I am wondering what time mountian lion comes out tommorow so i can start downloading it early and should i do a clean install?

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 4:10 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 4:40 PM

Nobody knows a time but I would think relatively early US.

You don't need to do a clean install, the upgrade process has worked well for many years. Mine goes back to Tiger.

37 replies

Jul 24, 2012 5:19 PM in response to ipodperson1

ipodperson1 wrote:

I live in canada and dont want to start downloading it and have it go for 4 hours

Then wait a week or 2 before buying and downloading. Even then the servers may be overloaded. No one knows as it isn't tomorrow yet.

No matter where you are or when you download it, it is going to take some time. If it is the same size as the lion download that could be 40 minutes to several hours depending on your internet speed and the download server internet speed and how busy they are.

Jul 24, 2012 7:53 PM in response to ipodperson1

If I was you, I would wait atleast a day or so after it comes out. You can expect the new OS (If it's coming tomorrow) around 7:00PM I'm gessing (to the Mac Appstore). I know that iOS and OS may have two very different release time expectations, but I've been updating my iPad, and iPhone, since iOS 4. And so far, every time a new update comes out; it always comes out during the afternoon (from 5:00PM to 8:00), plus it was almost the same time when OS Lion came out. And be patient man, it will come! 🙂

Jul 24, 2012 8:22 PM in response to ipodperson1

mine's a relatively new mac (retina mbp)... 5 days old to be exact so i'm not too concerned about backing up anything.. there's not much on it yet.

However, just on principal, I've downloaded SuperDuper and I'm making a backup in any case.

As for 'waiting a few days'..i have no such patience, i'll be dl as soon as the up-to-date thing opens up and accepts my application..and then the time to dl it...and then if i'm not working, and so on.

What time is mountain lion coming out and should i do a fresh install?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.