Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keyboard is coming halfway up screen now!? So tired of problems with iPad.

Just an hour ago whenever the keyboard comes up now it goes up too far, can't see what what I am typing and leaves a big gap on the bottom. Done a hard reset twice. Time to smash it to bits it vent my frustration with NEVER ENDING problems. Just totally fed up with Apple after a lifetime of using Macs with nearly zero problems. Anybody else have this happen to them?

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 5:16 PM

Tap and hold down on the little keyboard icon in the lower right corner of the keyboard and select - Dock.

Settings >General>Keyboard>Split keyboard>Off

9 replies

Mar 22, 2014 6:59 PM in response to Jody Meyer

I don't know if anyone resolved this or if OP got the help they needed but this just happened to me. I tried the dock thing but as soon as I let go of the keyboard icon the menu vanished! Most frustrating! After 20 minutes of restarting, changing settings etc, I went to brush something off the screen and my keyboard leapt up so I did it the other way and it went back to the right position!!

Keyboard is coming halfway up screen now!? So tired of problems with iPad.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.