Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

i forgot my encryption backup password. help!!

What do I do?? Any help appreciated!!

Alison

iPhone, Windows 7, syncing to computer

Posted on Jul 24, 2012 7:36 PM

3 replies

Feb 19, 2015 11:37 AM in response to brdy2006

This same thing happened to me. I spoke to 4 Apple Care Reps who could not help me. Finally after researching my issue on online forums, I learned about iKeychain and thankfully had it set up on my phone. When I signed into iKeychain to view passwords that are stored to my phone ( view via Safari, Passwords & Autofill) I was able to locate the password that worked to unlock my encrypted backup. I didn't forget my password, I never set one to begin with when backing up. it was done automatically, I assume because at some point I had accessed encrypted government emails on my phone for work purposes. Anyway, hopefully this helps. I had planned to try every single password listed, but it ended up being the first one on the list. It was listed under an IP address and also had a user name listed for my old work computer. When I clicked on it there was a password that I had rarely ever used.

i forgot my encryption backup password. help!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.