Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Itunes thinks my computer is a new device?

First off, I don't launch my Itunes application all that often just to get that part out of the way. But for the past week my computer had been really bogged down, and when I went to check task manager, I noticed my CPU was always staying at 100%. I did some research, and discovered that it was the AppleMobilDeviceService.exe program that was causing my CPU to stay engaged at 100%. So I did the suggested fix of doing a "netsh winsock reset", and that fixed my CPU issue. I then went into Itunes, and purchased a new music file, and for some reason Itunes prompted me to re-enter the 3 digit security code for my credit card that was on file, and Itunes acted like my computer was a new device. Huh? Why would it be doing this?

Is it because of the Winsock reset I did to fix Apple's program that was hijacking my computer? Please advise, thanks.

iPod touch, iOS 5

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 2:14 AM

There are no replies.

Itunes thinks my computer is a new device?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.