Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Quicktime 10 does not export audio

I'm trying to export audio from a .MOV file, but when I go to "File", the export option does not exist. I have tried to look up tutorials to see if there were any alternative ways to export audio in QuickTime 10, but none of them helped because the creators of the tutorials all had the option to export audio from "File".

This screenshot shows what I mean:

User uploaded file

QuickTime-OTHER, Mac OS X (10.6.8)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 6:26 AM

1 reply

Jul 25, 2012 3:35 PM in response to M. David F.

I'm trying to export audio from a .MOV file, but when I go to "File", the export option does not exist. I have tried to look up tutorials to see if there were any alternative ways to export audio in QuickTime 10, but none of them helped because the creators of the tutorials all had the option to export audio from "File".

If you want to use QT X to do this, then upgrade to Lion which has an "File/Export/Audio Only" option. If you want to do this on your current system, then use GarageBand with its "Share/Export Movie to Disk.../Expert/Export" window to select an audio export compression format, install the free MPEG Streamclip app, or install QT 7 (v7.6.6) and upgrade it for "Pro" use. (Of the three options, MPEG Streamclip is the cheapest and easiest to use in my opinion.)

User uploaded file

Quicktime 10 does not export audio

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.