Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Power Nap on 2011 MacBook Air?

I'm not seeing Power Nap on the Energy Saver Preference of my Dialogue of my 13" MacBook Air 1.8Hz i7 with ssd.

Is there anything I can check to diagnose this?

CheersDavid

MacBook Air, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 8:07 AM

14 replies

Jul 25, 2012 9:00 AM in response to david_on_a_bike

Hi everybody,

New here. I am having the same problem with david_on_a_bike.

I have a mid 11 MBA (1.8 GHz Intel Core i7)

Model Identifier: MacBookAir4,2

Boot ROM Version: MBA41.0077.B0F

and do not see Power Nap in my Energy Preferences.

As for firmware update, when I download EFI 2.4 and try to install, it gives me an alert that this update is not intended for my mac and quits. I get this message for anything I download from the "downloads" section of apple support.

I would appreciate any help you can give me very much!

Thanks in advance.

Jul 25, 2012 12:51 PM in response to david_on_a_bike

The people who have Power Nap working on the Macbook Air are apparently using an updated version of the EFI, identified by SMC Version 1.73f64.

This was distributed to developers during the developer preview.

The newest official release Version is 1.73f63 and does not seem to support Power Nap functionality.

We can only hope that Apple will release the EFI update soon.

Jul 25, 2012 1:48 PM in response to clesch

Spoke to an Apple Tech bod earlier, and the official line...... well from a Senior tech support in Ireland....... is that any MBA with a SSD (That was built with an SSD), which would make it Intel based, will support PowerNap.

However, there is a firmware release coming through "soon" to enable this. (no timescales mentioned, but very very soon - imminent.)

We'll see.

Power Nap on 2011 MacBook Air?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.