Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Install windows 7 from USB on bootcamp

HI all !!!

FIrstly, i had an iMac which running OSX 10.7.4 and it was made in mid 2010. Now its superdrive can't read whatever the disc is while it show only that disc is a blank disk.

I wanna install windows 7 on bootcamp rather than on other VM so after i start bootcamp assistant i see a gray on create a windows 7 install disk but after a few research i can make it enable and i had make a bootable window 7 usb with it. After that i start divide the partition and when it bootup, it said no bootable disc.

Can anyknow tell me what the problem with my super drive? And why bootcamp can't boot from the usb that i make by boocamp assistant?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 8:59 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 9:12 AM

I had the same problem trying to install Win7 on my MacBook Air. Turned out to be that the USB drive wasn't a bootable device. I followed the instructions on this site and the bootcamp installation worked perfectly...

http://howto.cnet.com/8301-11310_39-20020513-285/install-win-7-on-macbook-air-fr om-a-usb-drive/

1 reply

Install windows 7 from USB on bootcamp

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.