Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to disable ksfetch formerly ksurl

Some time ago, I received frequent feedback from my internet security software that ksurl was trying to update. I understood that this has something to do with google, and I solved the problem through adding keystoneagent (or something) from the library/google directory to the list of applications to block from establishing contact. That worked ok, until I my system started being harassed by something called ksfetch several times a day. I understand that this again is a google agent trying to establish contact for the purpose of updating. The difference with the former ksurl residing in the fact that ksfetch is downloaded every time and as such recognized as a new application by my internet security software. I already deleted google chrome from the system, as also all visible contents of the library/google folder, yet this function keeps popping up several times a day. Where does it reside, and how do I definitively disable it. Thanks.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.4), 2.93 GHz Intel Core i7 16 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 9:10 AM

3 replies

how to disable ksfetch formerly ksurl

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.