4 Replies Latest reply: Feb 1, 2013 6:04 PM by Schnoffos
macbookpro13 Level 1 Level 1

I tried downloading mountain lion a while ago. I forgot that my account was setup to my debit card. So when I clicked on the buy button it did not download. It gave me a message that indicates that apple is not able to process orders using credit card. So I edited my payment info and used my paypal account. That went through I was able to download mountain lion. When I checked my bank accout it charged me 19.99 for mountain lion. So I called up apple they told me that they would be able to refund the amount in 24 to 48 hours. I hope that happens. I tried checking apple's web site for their e-mail support. It seems they don't have one.

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)
  • Carolyn Samit Level 10 Level 10
    expertise.safari
    Safari

If you don't receive the rrefund within 24 to 48 hours, use the email form here > Apple - Support - Mac App Store - Contact

• bumpernwicha Level 1 Level 1

The same exact thing just happened to me, i went throught the apple express website and left my explanation I am hoping to get my refund!!!

• Schnoffos Level 1 Level 1

Same here, more than half a year later.

Getting charged twice for a download that is necessary because Apple removes the 4GB download without confirmation and then because its nearly impossible to fix "X does not work because of an error" kind of problems - this is really disgusting. As much as I appreciate the hardware and also what MacOS could be, the whole experience is deeply frustrating.

What I find especially disgusting is that each and everytime I really want to buy something, I am asked for a confirmation. In this case not.

I do not have the impression that this is a bug in the store, this seems to be intentional, especially considering the fact that this is obviously not a new issue.

Did you get your refund in the end?