Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can I straighten a movie clip?

I have some great footage from an interview, unfortunately the windowsill behind the subject is skewed. Is there a way to straighten it in Imovie or another inexpensive application?

Mac Pro

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 9:37 AM

5 replies

Jul 25, 2012 4:45 PM in response to Bluter

Bluter,

Is there a way to straighten it in Imovie or another inexpensive application?

As you've found out, iMovie '11 is limited to 90º increments of rotation. If there's an inexpensive, currenlty available app out there that can rotate video, I've yet to come across it.

I can tell you that Final Cut Pro X does the kind of free-rotation you're looking for. But, it's a $300 app. An excellent value if you do a lot of editing a bit steep for the average home user.

There is a free 30 day trial version available that I suppose you could use for making the correction in this one project as long as you get it done withing 30 days.

http://www.apple.com/finalcutpro/trial/

Matt

Jul 25, 2012 10:33 PM in response to Matthew Morgan

Matthew Morgan wrote:

… If there's an inexpensive, currenlty available app out there that can rotate video, I've yet to come across it. …

hmm, well … perhaps already on your drive:

(any video professional will kill me for his suggestion 😉 )

Keynote, part of iWork offers a free rotation of media.

Keynote is well-known to iMovie-hobbyists, for creating titles, special scrolling effects etc.

but ....

how's 49€?

Motion 5 (AppStore) is THE effects machine for any video enthusiast, and not only for FCPX users. Steem learning curve, but straightens (and zooms) to any degree.

Hint: rotation does no good to quality ......

how can I straighten a movie clip?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.