Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Problems downloading Lion 10.7

I have Lion version 10.5.8 on my iMac and I can't find the download for 10.7, only the upgrades to the 10.7 version. Does anyone know where to find it and how to download? I have checked the downloads on the Apple Support site, but either I'm missing it or it isn't on the list. Thanks for any help in advance!

iMac, Mac OS X (10.5.8)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:22 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:49 AM

10.5.8 is not Lion, that's Leopard. You cannot upgrade from Leopard directly to Lion via download. You will have to either buy the Lion flash drive from the Apple Store, or buy and install a copy of Snow Leopard (10.6), update it to 10.6.6 or later, then download Lion (10.7) from the App Store (which will be in the Applications folder).

7 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2012 10:49 AM in response to klmdhm

10.5.8 is not Lion, that's Leopard. You cannot upgrade from Leopard directly to Lion via download. You will have to either buy the Lion flash drive from the Apple Store, or buy and install a copy of Snow Leopard (10.6), update it to 10.6.6 or later, then download Lion (10.7) from the App Store (which will be in the Applications folder).

Problems downloading Lion 10.7

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.