Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

3g software problems

hello can someone please help me . my 3g aint turning on for anything ive tried everything i adore the phone i just want it to worki again without paying for a brand new one. how ever i was useing it one day it kept turning on and off i thought this is strange but i i restored it but it lasted a week then it finally turned off (blacked screened) i kept charging it and putting it on itunes tried so many computers but it stops at error 6 which is driving me crazy it been 2 moonths trying now

iPhone 3G, iOS 4.2

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:53 AM

4 replies

Jul 25, 2012 11:21 AM in response to chaz15

Google is your friend.

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS3694#error6

Error 2, 4 (or -4), 6, 40, 1000, 9006

1. Follow Troubleshooting security software. Often, uninstalling third-party security software will resolve these errors.
  2. There may be third-party software that modifies your default packet size in Windows by inserting a TcpWindowSize entry into your registry. Your default packet size being set incorrectly can cause these errors. Contact the manufacturer of the software that installed the packet size modification for assistance or follow this article by Microsoft: How to reset Internet Protocol (TCP/IP).
  3. Verify that access to ports 80 and 443 are allowed on your network.
  4. Verify that communication to albert.apple.com or photos.apple.com is not blocked by a firewall, or other Internet security setting.
  5. Discard the .ipsw file, open iTunes and attempt to download the update again. See the steps underAdvanced Steps > Rename, move, or delete the iOS software file (.ipsw) below for file locations.
  6. Restore your device while connected to a different network.
  7. Restore using a different computer.

Aug 5, 2012 7:04 AM in response to KiltedTim

i have tryed everything i spoken to people at apple about this on the phone and sent emails to them about this problem but all they want is money. ive looked everywhere on google and youtube its not jailbroken at all so i dont know why its in dfu mode to be honest i ve never had software problems on my other phones. when i plug it in to my computer. it knows there's a iphone in recovery mode opens my itunes straight away and asks to be recovered so i click the button the screen comes on (it's the only time the screen comes on even with pressing the home and on button for 10 sec's) but it gets halfway then it turns it self off . a message pops up saying error 6 any ideas

3g software problems

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.