Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Did not receive mountain lion redemption code

In other threads people are comlaining, that their code does not work, however I did not receive any, allthough I definitely should, because I bought my macbook pro 2 weeks ago.

Am I the only one? 🙂

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 11:19 AM

87 replies

Jul 26, 2012 4:06 AM in response to squarefoo

It's been over 24 hours since I applied for my code and nothing so far. When you register for the promotion on the App,e site it will provide you a confirmation code. That way you know you submitted the information and they received it. I did read in the terms that you must supply proof of purchase, i.e., a receipt, but it never asked me to submit one while I was registering. Maybe that comes later or not at all? It also say that approved submissions will be sent a code to download the software within 24 hours of approval. I believe that means not when you submit it, but when they approve it.

Jul 26, 2012 4:15 AM in response to squarefoo

Same boat here been waiting and waiting. No wonder my Apple stocks tank. You would think Apple will hire competent and smart individuals to handle this upgrade program with all the cash it has on hand. Since it's taking so long, probably someone is processing it manually. I can picture a poor summer intern get pushed around to do the manual processing. I'm hoping very soon I'll get the code.

Jul 26, 2012 8:43 AM in response to squarefoo

Dear Apple.

You are the TOP Tech company of today. Everything is hightech, synced, cool and with no compromise. So let me TRY to understand this one little interestng phenomenon. When I buy a mac online, all the detailed are stored in YOUR system: S/N, date, name, address, my uncle's name, and my dogs breed. Here comes the day when I claim that I am eligible for the redemption code for ML. What do I do? I go to YOUR website, enter my Apple ID, Purchase date and S/N into YOUR system.

In a normal (note that I did not write ideal) world, the same system is able to compare the data I enter with the data in the system and issue the code in no more than a minute or two. For some reason You guys don't think that comparing few details is such a trivial task and it has to be done OFFLINE (perhaps manually, by looking up dusty folders...?) and then sending out an email up to 72 hours later.

ML is not going anywhere. It is available now and will be until the next iteration. But for crying out loud, how did you manage to make a complete blunder of such a simple thing as issuing a redemption code?

I am amazed

Cheers

Jul 26, 2012 9:04 AM in response to squarefoo

What's frustrating is that Apple did not provide a tracking mechanism so we can clearly see what's the status of our coupon claims and a timeframe for when they might be issued. I don't might waiting for a day to get my code if I'm told from the start it will take a day to sort it out. What I mind is having to check the forums to see if I'm the only one that didn't get his code.

Did not receive mountain lion redemption code

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.