Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I remove my OEM Windows 7 partition, can I reinstall it on the same drive?

Ok, so I bought the OEM version of Windows 7, made a Bootcamp partition, and installed it. Works like a charm. The problem is, I can't do a lot of the stuff I would like to, because I didn't give myself nearly enough space on the partition--only 40 gigs, 20 of which are taken up by the operating system itself. So, I would like to expand the partition, or rather, create a larger one. So, the hardware will be unchanged, but it will be a different partition. I read that you can format an OEM-containing drive, and reinstall Windows, using the same product key or whatever. So, what I want to know is whether or not Windows will recognize the new partition as being on the same drive or not, and further, whether I'll even be able to reinstall it. I can afford another copy of 7, but I'd rather not spend money on something I already have.

Thank you for any support.

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.3)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 11:23 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 12:51 PM

CampTune from Paragon then to resize is worth every bit the $20

http://www.paragon-software.com/home/camptune/

Yes you can reinstall to the same computer motherboard multiple times - does not need to even be the same hard drive.

Windows 8 Preview is free too.

2 replies

If I remove my OEM Windows 7 partition, can I reinstall it on the same drive?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.