Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot maximize Aperture from the dock

I often minimize Aperture to the dock. When I try to get it back up (i.e. click on the icon in the dock) Aperture does not show up. In the menu bar it say Aperture and all other options, but all I see is my desktop. When I press the 'F' key for full screen Aperture does show in full screen mode, pressing 'F' again returns Aperture to normal. This problem started one update ago, i.e. not for Mountain Lion but the big upgrade before, was that 3.3.0?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 11:57 AM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2012 12:16 PM in response to Locomotief

If I try to minimize it to the dock (by using the middle ➖ button) it minimizes to the dock, and then clicking the dock icon brings it right back.

Generally I don't minimize to the dock, though, I just use command-H to hide Aperture (and then clicking the dock icon or alt-tab brings it back). So in all cases, it works OK for me.

I'm on Mountain Lion though... Are you on 10.7.4 or 10.8?

Jul 25, 2012 12:30 PM in response to Locomotief

1. If you hide the Aperture Application with command-H, it is send to the Applications section of the dock; you unhide the Application by clicking the Application icon in the App-section of the dock.
  2. If you minimize a window, it will be send to the documents section of the Dock, at the other side of tthe dashed line separating the dock. To bring the minimized window back, don't click the Aperture Application icon in the Dock, click the Aperture Window icon in the documents section of the Dock. Or ctrl-click the Application icon and select "Show all windows", then select the Aperture Application window.

Regards

Léonie

Cannot maximize Aperture from the dock

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.