Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where are the RSS feeds?

I'm trying to figure out where the RSS feeds that were displayed in Mail have gone.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 12:21 PM

29 replies

Jul 25, 2012 2:30 PM in response to timmoses

I found the feeds in the ~/Library/Mail/V2/RSS/ folder. Each of the sub-folders is one feed and the Info.plist file contains the actual feed address. The Library folder is hidden, but you can find it by opening your home folder and then using the Go > Go To Folder command to go to "Library".

Not very convenient, but at least I can get the list of feeds back.

I'm still trying to figure out a good feed reader though, something Mountain Lion notification center savvy would be best.

Jul 25, 2012 5:48 PM in response to fletc3her

fletc3her wrote:

I'm still trying to figure out a good feed reader though, something Mountain Lion notification center savvy would be best.

I just released an RSS feed reader that is integrated with Mountain Lion's new notifications. Instead of checking some RSS reader all day, just sit back and wait for notifications. You can download it from: http://www.etresoft.com/etrefeed

Unfortunately, Apple is way behind on reviewing apps in the Mac App Store. I have released a time limited demo until Apple gets caught up.

Disclaimer: I may receive some form of compensation, financial or otherwise, from my link.

Jul 26, 2012 10:15 AM in response to fletc3her

I'm surprised at how chiper everyone is about "finding" the rss feeds lost to Mountain Lion. I don't want to go through 40 rss feeds one by one. Apple shouldn't have deleted them in the first place. But if they were going to, they should have warned their users. I could have imported those feeds into a new reader, before installing Mountain Lion.

I still want some way to just import them. Why would Apple not account for that? I'm miffed. Apple needs to fix this issue!!!

Where are the RSS feeds?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.