Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Twitter Integration

Seems to have a Twitter integration problem. I use my account everyday and now Mountain Lion is telling me this:

There was a problem with the account

"@twiiter_account_name".

The user name or password is incorrect.

Does anyone have the same issue?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.7.1)

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 12:34 PM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2012 12:37 PM in response to The FrenchMan

Forgot to mentionned this in the previous post.

I can receive notifications from people how are sending me direct messages but I cannot reply or send a message from the notification center. When I do try to send something, I get this:

Twitter Password

Enter the password for "twitter_account_name" in System Preferences.

[ Preferences... ] [ Cancel ]

Jul 26, 2012 2:20 AM in response to The FrenchMan

Hey,

I had the exact same issue. Delete the account from system preferences. Shut down the computer (Control,Option,Command,Eject), then turn it back on (don't just restart). Add the account back into System Preferences and it should work. Well, at least it worked for me.

If for whatever reason that doesn't work, try the usual suspects: Disk Utility (Click Repair Disk Permissions), Twitter.com (Reset the Password), Log out and Log into your user account, etc.

If it still isn't working, perhaps there's an app conflicting with it. Check your menubar for 3rd-party apps that are running all the time, try turning them off one at a time and try sending a tweet then.

These kinds of things fix at least 3/4 of the problems out there.

Good luck!

Jul 31, 2012 4:39 PM in response to macmaroc

For the people that still can't get it to work, check for any conflicts with Apps you have. I've heard stories of Growl, Tweetdeck, and other apps preventing Twitter integration in ML. Also, check your settings on Twitter.com to make sure you're allowing Twitter to work on your system. Don't restart, shut down and turn back on, try again. Worst case scenario, wait till 10.8.1. Gotta love being the guinea pig, welcome to the front-lines.

Twitter Integration

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.