Previous 1 2 3 4 Next 831 Replies Latest reply: Feb 27, 2014 4:47 PM by Michael Paine Go to original post Branched to a new discussion.
  • Timothy Swan2 Level 1 Level 1 (15 points)

    I *may* have resolved my problem. After changing my username/password for the Exchange server in the application preferences I noticed that it wasn't automatically being updated in the Keychain. I maunually edited the entry for the Exchange server and it was able to connect to Mail, albeit with a message saying "Mailbox Inbox Does Not Exist". After quitting and restarting Mail the Inbox was back and it's been successfully connecting.

     

    Clearly a problem with the Keychain in ML.

  • lewi0332 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Hi Trondeg74,  Can you help me with this:

     

    "So what I did was to add the internal server name along with the IP of the external server to /etc/hosts"

     

    I'd like to try this one, but not sure what this means.

     

    Thank you!

  • Rogier! Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    The problem is probably not with Microsoft... I switched to Office for Mac and everything works...

  • trondeg74 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    As many seem to have problems, and

    • it worked with Lion before yesterday
    • It still works with iphone and ipad
    • it doesn't work on Mountain Lion

     

    I'd say that the conclusion that this is an Apple bug is obvious.

  • justinhamlin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    couldnt agree more.

     

    On top of that, I am having all kinds of other oddities on ML relating to authenticating against a Windows domain, including Exchange, file shares, etc.

  • trondeg74 Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    If you don't know it - and can't look it up - you're probably better off not doing it.

     

    Here is one recipe if you decide to take the chance anyway.

  • joshuaiz Level 1 Level 1 (10 points)

    This is definitely not a problem with Microsoft/Exchange.

     

    As with many things when you call customer service, call back and get someone who will help you. The tips I gave above were all given to me from Apple Care after being bumped up to a Senior Advisor.

     

    I have had trouble getting the settings to stick although it looks like they are sticking now. I haven't tried editing the hosts file but obviously this isn't something that a casual user should have to do.

     

    I suggest we all submit feedback to Apple within Mail just so they are aware of this issue. Hopefully it will be resolved in the 10.8.1 update.

  • Emma Richardson Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    It is definitely just a mail issue.  I deleted the Exchange account from system preferences, then I went into Calendar and set up just Calendar and contact and it uses the correct server address.  As soon as you add Mail into the mix, it changes all of the settings across all three programs.

    I have tried messing with all kinds of stuff, changed the actual mail accounts plist and then locked it, but that had no effect.  I cannot figure what is changing the server settings.  I don't want to do the etc hosts trick as then it will break when I am at the office.  If anyone comes up with anything to make this work, please post!

  • Markus Ullius Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    I have the same problems and could not fix it so far

  • justinhamlin Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Quick update. 

     

    I have had my case escalated to Enterprise Support and Engineering due to the Exchange/Outlook and other authentication issues.

     

    As soon as I know more, I will update the thread, but so far, just performing troubleshooting steps.

  • Emma Richardson Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    As far as I can tell, Mail is pulling the server information from the Exchange server itself.  But then, it appears to be setting itself up for internal access and when it goes to connect, it does not fail over to the External server at all. Not sure if that will help at all but I think that is why the settings keep reverting back. When you change the settings it connect to the Exchange server but then mail pulls the settings back down again.

  • lewi0332 Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    Finally working for me. Like someone mentioned above, in the advance settings, I needed to check the "ssl" box for the the External server as well. It took a few tries, but it seems to be working now. The internal is still reverting to .local, but it seems to be using the mail.domain.com instead now.

  • Michael Paine Level 2 Level 2 (320 points)

    After some experimenting, ticking SSL for the External Sever in the Advanced tab seems to have worked for me. For some reason ML does not tick this setting when it updates the Mail data. The External Server setting on the Account Info tab also needed to be manually corrected.

     

    I also deleted the exchange record from my Keychains.

     

    I suspect that Exchange is sending some incorect setting info to Mail during set-up. Maybe ML is trying to be too smart during the set-up process and this has backfired?

  • Emma Richardson Level 1 Level 1 (0 points)

    SSL is already checked in my implementation - I tried unchecking it but that did not work!

  • medgirl Level 1 Level 1 (5 points)

    I am having this problem also, and I have tried the suggestions in this thread (with the exception of editing the hosts file). Nothing seems to work. I installed Mountain Lion last night on three Macs and everything worked fine. Starting this afternoon, I began having difficulty accessing the Exchange server. Strangely, after trying several suggestions (and having three kernel panics causing my computer to shut down), I opened Mail and my Exchange account worked using the original settings. Then it stopped working. It's a strange problem, especially in that it seems to be intermittent.

Previous 1 2 3 4 Next