Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

I have lost my Aperture Trash folder. How do I regain the folder in Aperture 3.3.2?

That is the question in its entirety. ...

I can delete items from projects, and I can use the menu command, Aperture->Empty Aperture Trash. Or, I can use the key commands to empty the aperture trash.

What I cannot do is see what is in the trash. ....

The Trash folder does not appear in the left column under Library, with Photos, Faces, Places. ... There used to be a folder there that said Trash. ...

I no longer see that Trash Folder.

How do I regain my Aperture Trash Folder?

Jack

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion, Aperture - Canon EOS 5D Mark II, Canon EOS 5D, Adobe RGB, Raw im

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 1:13 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:45 PM

If you create a new empty library is the Trash folder there? if so run library repair on the original library and see if that brings it back.

You could also try moving out the preferences file if the repair doesn;t work or the Trash folder is missing from the new library also.

SeeAperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics for directions for both.

Post back the results in either case.

9 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2012 3:45 PM in response to Jack Foster Mancilla

If you create a new empty library is the Trash folder there? if so run library repair on the original library and see if that brings it back.

You could also try moving out the preferences file if the repair doesn;t work or the Trash folder is missing from the new library also.

SeeAperture 3: Troubleshooting Basics for directions for both.

Post back the results in either case.

Feb 27, 2013 1:49 PM in response to Jack Foster Mancilla

I was having the same problem, unable to find my trash can. I did everythnig suggested in this post to no avail. Then I discovered if you hover to the far right of RECENT you will see either "Show" or "Hide" "Show" reveals the following, including the trash. I'm sheepish that the solution was so easy but delighted to report that after viewing AND emptying my trash, I gained 55 GB on my HD.

User uploaded file

I have lost my Aperture Trash folder. How do I regain the folder in Aperture 3.3.2?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.