Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My 160 gb iPod classic will not stay off. It goes to sleep but wakes up again within a few seconds. Any ideas?

It functions normally until i turn it off. It goes to sleep but then wakes up within a second or two on its own. I have tried rebooting the iPod and restoring factory settings but the problem persists. Any ideas?

iPod classic, Windows 7

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 2:54 PM

5 replies

Jul 26, 2012 9:04 AM in response to 13asics

What happens if you try a hard reset of your device? Does that help? To reset the iPod, press and hold both the Select (Center) and Menu buttons together long enough for the Apple logo to appear.

If still no luck, try a complete restore in iTunes. This process will wipe all content from the iPod, set it back to its original defaults settings, and restore a fresh copy of the iPod's firmware onto the device. This procedure will help rule out a softare glitch or data corruption.

Otherwise, it's likely that something is physically wrong with the clickwheel, meaning you'll need to take it to your local Apple Store/Genius Bar to have them take a look at it and verify that it is indeed a hardware issue.

B-rock

My 160 gb iPod classic will not stay off. It goes to sleep but wakes up again within a few seconds. Any ideas?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.