Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tap-To-Click in Login Screen OSX Mountain Lion

I need to enable Tap-To-Click in the OSX Mountain Lion Login Screen after booting up.

I have searched and tried all the available options online; mainly referring to proceedures made for Leopard and Snow Leopard, with no luck.

I have gathered that I need to somehow set the System Wide Settings to enable Tap-To-Click as default...

... Does anyone know how or has been able to do so on Mountain Lion?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro (15-inch Early 2011), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:33 PM

8 replies

Jul 26, 2012 8:13 AM in response to Jason Hendriks

Thanks Jason.

I've tried that command already but gave it another go with no success. I did however go through the long process of accessing the hidden GlobalPreferences.plist file and editting it manually; with it not working I reverted the settings back to its original state. Do you think that might have effected this easier Terminal command? Would there be any reason why the command you gave me won't work?

Possible Mountain Lion re-install?

Jul 26, 2012 9:22 AM in response to Jason Hendriks

I had no luck with that one either. Maybe Mountain Lion is not longer accepting that particular command setting. Thanks for trying to help though. If you ever find out please give me a shout.

To recap, the Terminal commands...

sudo defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad Clicking -int 1

and

# Enable tap to click on a Magic Trackpad

defaults write com.apple.driver.AppleBluetoothMultitouch.trackpad Clicking -bool true

# Enable tap to click for the active user

defaults -currentHost write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.mouse.tapBehavior -int 1

# Enable tap to click on the login screen

defaults write NSGlobalDomain com.apple.mouse.tapBehavior -int 1

... have not worked when using OSX Mountain Lion.

Has anyone else got any other options we could try?

Tap-To-Click in Login Screen OSX Mountain Lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.