Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why macbook can't upgrade to mountain lion

i was wating for this upgrade since you guys anounce it and today that i woke up expecting it to b in store already well guess what i tried to buy it but it keeps appearing a box saying sorry but this upgrade OS X MOUNTAIN LION is not compatible with this mac and i couldnt believe this is there anyone can explain me why or if a need something else before the upgrade i have a MACBOOK 2008 WHITE 13.3 INCH im really appreciated if anyone can help me please i have OS X LION 10.7.4 right now

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:33 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:36 PM

unfortuantley the mac you have is not supported for 10.8 mountain lion.

http://www.apple.com/osx/how-to-upgrade/

12 replies

Jul 25, 2012 6:05 PM in response to nenis26

I got psyched for the upgrade a month ago.

Then I forget about it.

You send me an e-mail asking me to upgrade...begging me, pleading with me to upgrade.

All for a mere $20 bucks. Oh, everything is going to be swell.

And now I can't upgrade b/c my graphics card isn't supported?!?

Well, now you have just annoyed me. And I am done with you.

I have been with you since 1999. Ever since, you went Unix based. I thought I was loyal to you. And I am loyal to the company you were in 1999. T Now, you are just the largest company in the world, or close to it.

Sayonara, forever.

Aug 1, 2013 11:56 AM in response to nenis26

Hello every one this is my first post on here and its only because I use a Mac Book its a mid 2010 model and I am able to upgrade to os x Mountain Lion with out a problem, i recently took it off and reverted back to os snow leopard due to incompatibility issues with Logic 8, so i dont know if there is major difference in your 2008 model compared to my 2010 model, but I have not ran into any issues with updating to os x...😉

why macbook can't upgrade to mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.