Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Switching Partition layout back to just 1 not working

I had created a 30GB partition to install windows but I no longer need it. I removed the partition in Disk Utility, but when I went to change the partition layout so that my mac uses alll the hard drive space, it keeps giving me failure messages. Did I need to erase and format that partition back to MAC OSX (Journaled) before removing partition? Not sure why it isn't working...

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:48 PM

2 replies

Jul 29, 2012 8:27 PM in response to Desidarius

Desidarius wrote:

I removed the partition in Disk Utility

And that is your problem. You used Boot Camp to create it (although you didn't say that) you should of used Boot Camp to Remove it and put it back into the main OS X partition.

Your are kind of stuck. Do a Time Macine backup of you drive. After that is done boot the Mac from the Recovery HD partition and then open Disk utility and remove all partitions and create one paritition.

If that works then you can restore from that TM backup. If that doesn't work then you can try using the Internet Recovery system to Complete erase the internal drive, create One partition, reinstall OS X and then restore from the TM backup.

Switching Partition layout back to just 1 not working

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.