Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion install error: "Cannot be installed because a recovery system can't be created". What does this mean?

How can I install Mountain Lion OS... I get error message saying a Recovery System can't be created... Any help or ideas out there?

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 3:56 PM

6 replies

Aug 10, 2012 3:41 AM in response to matAucklandnz

After a week of dealing with AppleCare we discovered there was a corrupted recovery disk on my hard drive when i upgraded from Snow Leopard to Lion, therefore not allowing the upgrade to Mountain Lion. So ended up backing up the computer, then formatting the computer and reloading SNOW LEOPARD then upgraded straight to Mountain Lion, then restored my user files. This has worked, and am so grateful to AppleCare for their tireless help with diagnosing and helping to sort this out! they've been fantastic!

Mountain Lion install error: "Cannot be installed because a recovery system can't be created". What does this mean?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.