Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I set a default RSS reader in Safari 6?

I've noticed that in Mountain Lion, you can no longer read RSS feeds in Mail so I was wondering if I were to use a dedicated RSS reader, such as Reeder or Cappuccino, how would I be able to tell Safari to redirect to that if I click on a feed link?

Thanks for reading,

~Devin

OS X Mountain Lion, I have Capp. installed, not Reeder.

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 5:05 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 5:49 PM

Once you install an application that supports RSS feeds, when you click on a feed in Safari, it should automatically open the link in the RSS feed reader.

12 replies

Jul 25, 2012 6:56 PM in response to devinb

I do not have Mounain Lion yet.....trying for the 3rd time to download; however I have updated to Safari 6, but I cannot get RSS feeds......when I copy an RSS feed URL in the browser bar, it says that I do not have ab RSS reader.....is that coning back with Mountian Lion?

Thanks.

My Bar shows no new updates at all like it used to........

Aug 6, 2012 8:58 AM in response to etresoft

With Cappucino, this does not work. This leads to two questions.. .why did Apple destroy RSS feeding in Safari? They are becoming microsoft. Second, how can one uninstall Apps? The app store should offer uninstall right up there with "install" and "installed". Right now it is a one-way ratchet. The test I am trying to do is to unstall Cappucino and then reinstall it.

Aug 7, 2012 10:35 AM in response to Barry Hemphill

I've upgraded to Mtn. Lion. I've installed Daniel Jalkut's Subscribe to Feed, I've installed Shrook. When I click Subscribe to Feed's Safari tool bar icon, Mail still opens and displays its error message: "Error

No associated application could be found". Should I try rebuilding launch services? What can I do to make either Shrook display the feed or to get Subscribe to Feed to do its job?

How do I set a default RSS reader in Safari 6?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.