Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Mountain Lion and Icloud

I've decided to delete all my accounts. Type them down on excel. Retype them again on my contact list. For some reason I see a list of things listed on the left side of my contact list. It says all contacts and the word icloud is listed several times. Is there a fix for this? For some reason Icloud and mountain lion don't co exist. I also have a hard time typing in my contacts. icloud would process itself. I hope a patch for this one would soon come out.

iPad 2, iOS 5

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 5:05 PM

8 replies

Jul 25, 2012 5:17 PM in response to MacGunt

I don't know why it's happening to me. I just had to delete my contact list and I noticed that if you typed in your contacts again. Facetime won't act weird. What it did a while was it displayed your contacts several times. For ex. if you have john smith listed on your contact list. The name John smith would appear 10 times on facetime. I would say that this is a glitch. I tried typing my contact list on my phone. When I checked my facetime contact list that's when this glitch would appear. quite weird

Jul 31, 2012 8:59 AM in response to macbookpro13

Well you souldn't have to create a new apple id. The best thing to do with icloud duplicates is turn off contact syncing on ALL devices then clean up the duplicates in Address Book (card menu > look for duplicates). Then delete ALL the contacts on the OTHER devices AND in icloud.com. Then you can turn contact syncing ON on all devices and you should be good to go with a clean copy of contacts on all your devices.

Mountain Lion and Icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.