Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Cannot login to my macbook air

I have triedto enter my password multiple times and still cannot login to my computer after it went on sleepmode.... Any ideas?

MacBook Air (13-inch, Mid 2012), OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 9:14 PM

15 replies

Jul 25, 2012 9:37 PM in response to sberman

Hi,

1. No i never enabled firevault

2. I have an apple id with my account. The passwd is useto login in my computer is the same as my apple id passwd.. I checked on my ipad and i can still login to my apple id, but notin my computer.

Also, im not sure about the os i have, i think its osx? Anyway, its abrand new mac book air, with 13", i7 jst bought it last month...

Jul 25, 2012 9:48 PM in response to smv81147

You would have had to associate the Apple ID with your account previously, as described in the article. That means in the past, you would have had to go to System Preferences --> Users & Groups --> Apple ID and set it up.

If you did that, you can click the question mark next to the "Password" prompt and proceed as the article says. If you didn't do that, I don't know what to suggest.

Jul 25, 2012 10:53 PM in response to smv81147

Here's a good article explaining a few options: http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4718

Basically, one of these 2 approaches will get you started:

1. Hold down Command and "R" as the Mac is starting up. You can let go when you see the Apple logo. (This is the approach in the article.)

2. Hold down the Option key as the Mac is starting up. Let go when you see the Startup Manager display. Click the up arrow below the "Recovery HD" icon.

Cannot login to my macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.