Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Notification Center doesn't work (Two Finger Gesture)

Hello Apple Support Communities

I just download Mountain Lion yesterday, and installed it today, and I was satisfied with the upgrade.

But there was one problem; about Notification Center.

Normally, if you do a two finger swipe to the left (according to System Prefrences), The Notification Center should pop up.

But for me, it isn't working. I tried deselecting and selecting the option in System Prefrences, but it does not work.

Is there anybody that has this problem, and is there a way to fix this problem?

Thanks.

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:07 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 25, 2012 10:11 PM

you have to not only swipe to the left, you have to have your fingers positioned at the right edge of the trackpad. if you are on your MBP's trackpad, simply start with your finger to the right of it and then move your fingers onto the trackpad while dragging to the left.

if you simply have your fingers close to the edge with two fingers down and move to the left, it should appear as well.

make sure your fingers are starting at the same area as the one in the video, in system preferenes.

I hope this assists you. I'm glad you like ML, I like it too!

5 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 25, 2012 10:11 PM in response to Horace from seoul

you have to not only swipe to the left, you have to have your fingers positioned at the right edge of the trackpad. if you are on your MBP's trackpad, simply start with your finger to the right of it and then move your fingers onto the trackpad while dragging to the left.

if you simply have your fingers close to the edge with two fingers down and move to the left, it should appear as well.

make sure your fingers are starting at the same area as the one in the video, in system preferenes.

I hope this assists you. I'm glad you like ML, I like it too!

Jul 25, 2012 10:41 PM in response to Horace from seoul

It is a lot easier to do on a Magic Trackpad. So no, exfaluation of your finger tips with it.

I think they deliberately did it this way so you don't accidently do it. after all, the built in track pad is very small so this solves the real estate issue. The fact that you have to basically start with a finger on half on the trackpad half off, is something you would never accidently do, as you found out yourself.

🙂

if you keep your two fingers down, you can make it swipe back (to the right) really easily.

Notification Center doesn't work (Two Finger Gesture)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.