Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

If I pause the download of Mountain lion the download resumes from the beginning...how can I resume the download from where I have paused?

f I pause the download of Mountain lion the download resumes from the beginning...how can I resume the download from where I have paused? can anyone please help??

MacBook Pro, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 12:14 AM

7 replies

Jul 26, 2012 12:25 AM in response to necronym

Thanks for your prompt reply...but is there no solution to it...since the file download is almost 4.34gb..its a long download..internet is bound to go down for a while in such a long download..and whenever the net goes down for a minute or two I pause the download and restart..but everytime I restart it starts from the beginning...i believe for the earlier version i.e. Lion pause function was enabled and download used to begin from I have paused...I then successfully downloaded lion on the same internet network I now use at my home..Please help if you can or ne1 can..Many Thanks!!!

Jul 26, 2012 12:38 AM in response to Vaibhav82

If your internet connection is unreliable (or drops frequently), there's not much that can be done.

Apple did launch a Lion thumb drive, but I have no knowledge as to whether they will (or won't) offer a Mountain Lion thumb drive.

If you have an Apple Retail Store near by, book a Genius Appointment and take your Mac into them and see if they can use their super duper fast broadband to download and install Mountail Lion for you.

If I pause the download of Mountain lion the download resumes from the beginning...how can I resume the download from where I have paused?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.