Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

pages update os x mountain lion

Hi all

Hope you can help me.

Ive had my pages softerware from disk for about a year, and since updating to the new software I cannot update pages, numbers, keynote etc.

Is anyone else having issues updating them if you had the software from disk?

I keep checking the updates in the app store but because its from disk it doest recognise that I have the software installed.

I would really like the update so that I can move my documents to icloud to see them in all of my apple devices.

Any help appriciated.

Thanks

Pages-OTHER, OS X Mountain Lion

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 1:35 AM

15 replies

Jul 26, 2012 12:12 PM in response to Peggy

iWork and iLife (purchased outside of the Mac App Store) update is not shown in the Mac App Store. I installed Mountain Lion and I know for a fact that those apps are out of date, but it says no updates are available at this time. Why aren't these apps updating??? I know I can manually download each update on the web, but shouldn't software update handle this? Since it showed up when I had Lion installed.

Jul 26, 2012 12:56 PM in response to CDCDC

Software Update still handles the updates for non-MAS purchased Apple software. But, as always, the programs must be where the udpaters looks for them, i.e. where they were put by the installer. For the iWork apps that is the iWork '09 folder in Applications. The iLife apps are in the first level of the Applications folder. You cannot move or rename anything.

One feature I like about the Mac App Store is that I can move the applications to sub-folders. Finder will ask for your password so it can "keep track" of where the programs were moved.

User uploaded file

Jul 29, 2012 3:52 PM in response to Peggy

I have run the update from Apple's support section and also using the method above after a fresh install of Mountain Lion. Both updates work in terms of running and getting no errors. But after both methods, I still can't run Pages, Numbers or Keynote (the last just errors out). The templates don't seem to be showing up and I can't open any of my old files. Any help is greatly appreciated.

Jul 30, 2012 5:40 PM in response to CDCDC

What versions of iWork apps do you have? I update regularly for iWork '09 installed from retail disks.

Also, listen to what Peggy is telling you. If you are looking for updates ONLY in the Mac app store, try using the option called Software Update. This means you click the Apple icon, display the drop down and click on Software Update. Even if you believe it's crap, it's certainly worth the 4 seconds of your life it will take to do that.

pages update os x mountain lion

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.