Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Hash mismatch when downloading anything from Mac App Store

Hi, I have a 2011 iMac, and every time I purchase something from the Mac App Store, it starts to download and then comes up Hash Mismatch. The download seems to get stuck in a cycle of downloading around 10mb and then resetting and once it's done this about 5 times, the error comes up on screen 'hash mismatch'. If I press retry, sometimes it continues and downloads more of the file, only to then get the same error a bit further on in the download - if I'm lucky it downloads the whole file after the error has come up about 5-10 times, depending on file size.

However, when I tried to download Call of Duty, it wouldn't progress past a certain point and so I had to ask for a refund on that. Also, when I download quite a few dmg files, I get the error 'image file corrupted' and I can't install the file (same problem with Steam as well).

I have run diagnostics from Disk Utility but it doesn't report any errors on the drive, so I'm not sure what to do next. Is it possibly a network problem and the files are being corrupted by my ISP or a bad router?

iMac (27-inch Mid 2011), Mac OS X (10.7.4)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 1:25 AM

5 replies

Jul 26, 2012 4:31 AM in response to Graemac

Nope, no further forward. I managed to download ML on my iMac this morning after about 10 errors, and it's just downloading now on my MBA after about 30+ errors, I'm at 3.36 gb of 4.34 gb on there now so hopefully I'll eventually get there.

Apple REALLY need to investigate the reasons behind this, I've seen loads of people with the same problem posting and not ONE response.

Jul 26, 2012 4:37 AM in response to renwaldo

Yeh, i thought it was because of the volume of people downloading it but i think that error was 'Error 100' not this one. I will try on my iMac as well later on but really want the MBP on it.

Done a bit of googling and appears that a VPN could help it, maybe its a DNS issue? I recently swapped to Virgin Media from BT and DNS servers changed. Any ideas??

Jul 26, 2012 4:44 AM in response to Graemac

Hmm yeah, I had a feeling it might be my ISP, and I'm also on Virgin Media - maybe this is the problem? If you bother with a VPN can you let me know if it works? Both ML versions on my computers have downloaded now.

As for volume of people, I don't think that's it because I get the problem even when I was downloading CoD1, which I can't believe was heavily downloaded in the last week

Also, if you have time, could you try installing Steam on your mac and seeing if that works? I get a constant error on there as well 'Failed to load libsystem.dylib' whenever I run it, and I think it's a similar error if it's to do with the ISP

Hash mismatch when downloading anything from Mac App Store

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.