Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

WebMail

Hi,

Am I right in saying that 10.8 Server has removed Webmail?

Is it possible to get it back?

Thanks in advance

Gary

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 1:59 AM

7 replies

Jul 26, 2012 8:44 AM in response to DarKOrange

Apple Removed Roundcube because within recent months, Roundcube moved to GPL license 3.0 which means it can't be bundled in commericial software.

You can install Roundcube 0.7.2 .

Note Roundcube 0.8 stable will be available soon since they have a few bugs left to work out. And it's a nice big facelift change to the new Larry theme.

Note you might want to install mysql server vs using postgresql since some carddav plug-ins use mysql.

http://roundcube.net/about

Aug 1, 2012 12:43 AM in response to mopedpan

Hi mopedpan,

Can I presume you followed the install instructions and installed mysql and then created the user that is needed in order to connect? Did you also fill the database with the sql script that they supply using the new user you created in the database?

I also had to edit the main config file to set the imap url to use tls://localhost for its connection -

// %d - domain (http hostname without the first part)

// %s - domain name after the '@' from e-mail address provided at login screen

// For example %n = mail.domain.tld, %d = domain.tld

$rcmail_config['default_host'] = 'ssl://localhost';

// TCP port used for IMAP connections

$rcmail_config['default_port'] = 993;

// IMAP AUTH type (DIGEST-MD5, CRAM-MD5, LOGIN, PLAIN or empty to use

// best server supported one)

$rcmail_config['imap_auth_type'] = 'LOGIN';

Also notice the port number and ath type lines.

WebMail

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.