Newsroom Update

Beginning in May, a special Today at Apple series titled “Made for Business” will offer small business owners and entrepreneurs free opportunities to learn how Apple products and services can support their growth and success. Learn more >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I point Websites at the old /Library/Webserver/Documents? I've still got a lot of data there.

From much earlier versions of Mac OS, I had quite a bit of data cached in the then-standard folders /Library/Webserver/Documents and ~/Sites/.

What's the standard practice for dealing with those other folders when moving up to Server? I've got experimental installs of Joomla, Drupal, Groupware, and a Dokuwiki I would really hate to lose. The Alias command seemed the most appropriate way to point at those folders, but that didn't work at all.

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 3:35 AM

1 reply

Jul 26, 2012 8:46 AM in response to Territan

Addendum: I may have found a solution that is quick (good), easy (good) and reveals a hideous and pernicious security hole within the OS X Server environment (bad).

sudo ln -s /Library/Webserver/Documents/dokuwiki/ /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default/dokuwiki

I had that idea when I got into Terminal and did an ls -la in the /Library/Server/Web/Data/Sites/Default folder. Every default.html.xx was an alias to a localized default.html within the Server.Appl bundle itself.

On the one hand, this is very good in that it allows me to bypass all that Aliasing within the Server app itself.

On the other hand, this allows me to bypass all that Aliasing within the Server app. Did I just break the warranty?

How do I point Websites at the old /Library/Webserver/Documents? I've still got a lot of data there.

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.