Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

First time real disappointment

I have been a Mac fanboy since 1986 and always used Apple products, both in my advertising business and private at home. I have updated my hardware on a regular basis and have a iMac 27", MacBook Air (late 2010), iPad and iPhone and a couple of Mac minis and an Apple TV latest version.

The most exciting thing with Mountain Lion was AirPlay, since i often use my MBA in client education purposes. I read the list of which models that could not be updated to 10.8 and mine wasn't in that list. As many others, I took for granted that every nice feature of Mountain Lion would work for me.

"Make sure your Mac can run Mountain Lion.

Your Mac must be one of the following models:

iMac (Mid 2007 or newer)

MacBook (Late 2008 Aluminum, or Early 2009 or newer)

MacBook Pro (Mid/Late 2007 or newer)

MacBook Air (Late 2008 or newer)

Mac mini (Early 2009 or newer)

Mac Pro (Early 2008 or newer)

Xserve (Early 2009)"

So with real disappointment I now realize that neither AirPlay or PowerNap will be available for me. Unless I buy a new MBA. Under Feature Specific Requirements it said for PowerNap, a solid state drive was needed and it would work on a late 2010 and newer. That information has been changed now to "mid 2011" in US. It is still there on the UK and many other sites:

User uploaded file

I don't like to be misinformed by Apple. I don't like when terms change on the fly. I will have to buy and tryout AirParrot now.

MacBook Air, Mac OS X (10.6.7), 2,13 GHz Intel Core 2 Duo, 4 GB RAM

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 4:26 AM

1 reply

First time real disappointment

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.