Sure. I followed this guy's method which was in the thread I posted
It ended up working for me. Thanks for mentioning Winclone, ended up buying a copy. It is a pretty painless way to back up windows (with NTFS).
I took these steps
- Backed up Boot Camp with Winclone (win7x64)
- Turned off Boot Camp (deleting partition)
- Followed directions in article including running his script
- Upgraded to Mountain Lion
- Used Boot Camp to create new partition
- Restored using Winclone
Now it is all good! I will continue to back up Windows periodically using Winclone
This would have worked for me normally except for two things:
1) Winclone won't back up a FAT32 partition. Mine was FAT32, NOT NTFS.
2) Mountain Lion install corrupted the boot.ini file in the Boot Camp partition.
No, I don't know how I managed to get a FAT32 partition on my machine running Lion. It was necessary in order for me to install Windows XP.