Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where has the date gone from iMovie 11 events?

In iMovie 08 the date of the event is shown in the Event Library pane, in small text underneath the name of the event. But in iMovie 11 the date isn't shown. Is there a way to show it like in iMovie 08?

This is a real pain. I've just imported a years worth of video from my camera, and split days into events. The problem is all the events have the same name (todays date). Is there a way to import video and for the events to be automatically titled with the date the video was taken?

Thanks

MacBook Pro, Mac OS X (10.7.2)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 5:07 AM

6 replies

Jul 26, 2012 3:11 PM in response to Sparky Marky

Normally, when clips are imported from a camera, they will have a name like clip-yyyy-mm-dd hh;mm;ss.ext where hh is hours in 24 hour time, and ext is the extension that the camera gave it.

If your clips are named like this, iMovie will recognize the dates and sort that way.

If your clips have had their names changed, you can manually fix it in two ways...

either change the names to the format above, or, you could right-click on each clip and "Adjust Date and Time Information".

Jul 27, 2012 1:44 AM in response to AppleMan1958

Hi

Sorry there has been a misunderstanding.

When importing video into iMovie one of the options is to split days into seperate events. This is what I've done and iMovie has split my movie clips into 157 seperate days, which is great. But in the left hand panel, called 'Event Library' all my 157 events have the same name which isn't great and worse in iMovie 11 the date of the event isn't displayed under the events name (in iMovie 08 it didn't matter too much that my events all had the same name, because the date of the event / clip was displayed under the events name).

My questions are:

- is it possible in iMovie 11 to display the date underneath the events name in the Event Library panel (like in iMovie 08)?

- is it possible to import video and split days into separate events and for the events to be automatically named with the date of the day they were taken?

Thanks for any help

Jul 27, 2012 4:20 AM in response to Sparky Marky

Go to (in the top menu) iMovie/Preferences. Click on the Browser Button in the Preferences. Put a check mark in the top item. This will show the date range beneath your event name.

You can double click on the Event name in the Event Library and change the name.

There is no automatic naming that I know of.

Use the SHOW menu in the top bar for various options on displaying your events. You can show by year or by month within year for example. If your event has multiple days you can show days within the Event.

Jul 27, 2012 8:45 AM in response to Sparky Marky

Hi. Thanks for your help. I can now see the date of my events in the Event Library. I still find it odd that all my 157 events (taken on 157 different days) all have the same event name (New Event 25-07-2012 - Day X). Surely Apple could give the option of automatically naming the event with the date of the movie clips.

Anyway. Thanks

Mark

Where has the date gone from iMovie 11 events?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.