Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Tabs too wide in Safari 6!!

Is it my imagination but are the widths of th etabs far wider in safari 6 tha in previoius versions? Not particularly pleasing on the eye so is there a way to resize the width of these tabs to a more sensible width.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 5:16 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 10:16 AM

It's not your imagination, and no.

41 replies

Jul 27, 2012 10:41 AM in response to Schrodinger56

I am suprised that Apple let this out the door. The usability is terrible, you can't find where to click the close box on the next tab, you can't use muscle memory to move to the next one, etc.... the worst is on a 27" monitor in full screen mode. Its utterly ridiculous.

I am hoping that this is a hidden preference setting and someone will figure out how to revert it back.

Jul 28, 2012 5:00 PM in response to Schrodinger56

I found this when searching the community about what to do about this horrendous "feature" and it's working great

I installed Glims from (http://www.machangout.com) and on the left panel > General > Set "Other tabs improvements" to ON. In Left panel choose "Tabs misc." and tick "Set minimum tab label size to favicon size"

Seems to be working fine now. I'm disappointed that I had to install a 3rd party app to get there though

Tabs too wide in Safari 6!!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.