Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Stoping mail rules from being synced

I looked everywhere and couldn't find the answer so here goes my question.

Me and my wife are sharing the same iCloud for (Calendar & Address Book) but not mail and the other application. She's got her own iCloud for her mail. Before Mountain Lion, we never had any issues but now, even if we don't share anything in mail, it syncs our rules. This is really annoying. I know we could simply share our calendars if we had different ones but our actual setup works for us.....well used to.

My question is: Is their a way to stop syncing mail rules only in Mountain Lion?

Thank you in advance for your help.

Yvon.

MacPro, Mac OS X (10.6.3)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 5:07 AM

4 replies

Aug 13, 2012 8:46 AM in response to Flyyvon

I haven't tested to confirm, but the built-in Help Center in Mountain Lion has an entry called "Use Mail with your iCloud account," wherein it is written:

"If you use iCloud Documents & Data, your rules, signatures, flag names, and Smart Mailboxes are also available on your other Mac computers that use Documents & Data."

I interpret that to mean that it's the Documents & Data setting in iCloud Preferences that enables syncing of Mail Rules, not the Mail setting.

Stoping mail rules from being synced

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.