Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

anyway to select multiple emails in 10.8 to delete? can't do that anymore!

can't seem to delete more than one email message at a time in 10.8. Used to be able to click and drag which would highlight multiple messages then could deklete all selected. Any work around?

iMac, Mac OS X (10.6.1)

Posted on Jul 26, 2012 5:32 AM

8 replies

Aug 25, 2016 10:43 PM in response to mikeinminn

I have discovered an easier method that does not involve the keyboard and is similar to the old mouse only method.

This is tested on El Capitan 10.11.6 Apple Mail.

Quick Double click on the first message while simultaneously moving the mouse cursor down (or up). This will select multiple messages without having to use the Shift or Command key.

You may need to practice as the action requires finesse as the message selection, double clicking and mouse down/up movement has to happen basically at the same time (if it is not timed right it will only open up the first message).

Real credit goes to my customer who asked me this question after switching to a new machine, I said it could not be done, but he discovered the method anyways through persistence.

anyway to select multiple emails in 10.8 to delete? can't do that anymore!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.